Monday, July 14, 2014

Summer Author Promo Blitz 2014 - Interview with Renee Field (and a free book)

SUMMER AUTHOR  
PROMO BLITZ 
DAY 1

Welcome Author Renee Field!

When not writing, Renee is promoting other authors on StoryFinds.com, a site she founded in 2012 to help support Indie authors.

Field loves to write a variety of genres. She writes erotic romance for Ellora’s Cave, HQN and sensual paranormal romance as an Indie author. She is also venturing in New Adult with her first novella debuting in 2014. Field also writes nitty gritty young adult and paranormal young adult romance novels under the pen name Renee Pace (www.reneepace.com).

Field calls Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada home and loves her view of the Atlantic Ocean. She is a member of Romance Writers’ of America, her local Romance Writers of Atlantic Canada. She juggles work, four children and is a firm believer in soul-mates and the power of the sea.

You can find more about Renee and her books at http://reneefield.com/, and on her Amazon page.

Book Deal at the bottom of the post!!!


I asked Renee a few questions about her writing:

What made you want to write romances for adults?
I’m not sure if any one thing made me want to write for adults but I love to read romance and for me it was a natural extension. I do also write nitty gritty young adult, new adult and I’m working on a very exciting new project for 2014.

Patty Campbell talks about the germ for a piece of writing being like the sand in the oyster.  What is your grain of sand?  Do you begin with character or setting or something else?
For me it’s always a character. The characters talk in my head and then the story morphs and viola – a novel erupts.

Do you outline before you write or just dive in?
I do a combination of both. I’m more a seat of the pant writer but with time issues I’ve discovered a good outline is key for me.

Who is your favorite character you have written or read about?
I’d have to say I love Jamie, my strong heroine in my first romance novel – Rapture. I loved her because she’s normal but then discovers she’s actually a lost Siren princess and who doesn’t want to be a princess.

What books or authors have most influenced your writing most?
JR Ward I love all her books. Sandra King because her humor makes me honestly LOL, and people I admire the most would be my two local romance authors Deborah Hale and Julianne MacLean who were instrumental in me joining RWA and my local Romance Writers of Atlantic Canada.

Which famous person, living or dead would you like to meet and why?
I would have loved to meet Princess Diana and I’d ask her how going from ordinary to princess status felt.

What is one thing you would like your readers to know about you?
I love to help other writers. I created an on-line company called StoryFinds.com to help showcase other authors.

Tell us about your latest book, Loving Lies?

Blake Samson is a man driven to succeed. Having grown up with a disinherited, alcoholic father, he knows the value of money and isn’t afraid to work for it.  Now, with a degree in business, he’s out to prove himself to his wealthy grandfather. Securing his first major deal by acquiring Stone Cliff Resort at a rock bottom price will confirm that he’s a wheeler-dealer type who won’t take no for an answer, just like the old man. To accomplish his goals, Blake has put his personal life on hold, determined to remain focused on the prize, until the sexy little Gothed-up bartender dumps a drink in his lap.
Having a wealthy, Greek tycoon for a father wasn’t easy for Alyssa Papadopoulos, especially one who still believed in the archaic tradition of arranged marriages to secure a business deal. Now, three years after skipping out on the groom, she’d been on her own, coping in the real world with a new name, a new look and fake history that guaranteed no one would associate her with her father. Accepting a job at Stone Cliff Resort in Alberta provides her with a secure income and the opportunity to work on her one true love—photography. Getting involved with a rich bad boy didn’t factor into the plan. Too bad she hasn’t dated in months, and Mr. McDreamy of the lake has dimples to die for and a body that makes her hormones stand up and scream, Oh, hell yes!
Alyssa tries to avoid Blake, but he’s determined they enjoy some summer loving, offering her a deal filled with stolen kisses and hot steamy nights she finds impossible to resist. When Blake’s father dies and the world he's struggled to build begins to crumble, will Alyssa reveal the truth she so desperately holds on to, or will two people lying about their past give themselves permission to love.

Available on Kindle, Kobo, Nook & iBookstore August 4, 2014 – 42,000 length novel.

During the Blitz, Renee has her book, RAPTURE on special for readers to grab!  Check out the links below for your FREE (or $0.99 on Kindle) book!


No comments:

Post a Comment